Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Best Lines From Classic Literature

There is a reason why some authors have stood the test of time and so to honour them we at the Talekey review team have curated some of the best-known quotes from the best-known authors that you’re guaranteed to recognize.

1. “It’s much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it.” – Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

2. “My dear, I don’t give a damn.” – Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

3. “It sounds plausible enough tonight, but wait until tomorrow. Wait for the common sense of the morning.” – The Time Machine by H.G. Wells

4. “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.” – Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

5. “Maybe ever’ body in the whole damn world is scared of each other.” – Of Mice And Men by John Steinbeck

6. “Terror made me cruel.” – Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

7. “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view…Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

8. “The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.” – Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

9. “I assign myself no rank or any limit, and such an attitude is very much against the trend of the times. But my world has become one of infinite possibilities.” – Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison

10. “No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.” – The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

11. “I wished to know the meaning of things. I am the meaning. I wished to find a warrant for being. I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.” – Anthem by Ayn Rand

12. “Be good, be young, be true! Evil is nothing but vanity, let us have the pride of good, and above all let us never despair.” – The Lady of the Camellias by Alexandre Dumas fils

13. “‘Why did you do all this for me?’ he asked. ‘I don’t deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.’ ‘You have been my friend,’ replied Charlotte. ‘That in itself is a tremendous thing.'” – Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White

14. “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” – The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

15. “Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.” – Dune by Frank Herbert

For the very best in classical literature, head over to Talekey today.

No comments:

Post a Comment